INTERNAL QUALITY ASSURANCE CELL (IQAC)
In pursuance of its Action Plan for performance evaluation, assessment and accreditation and quality up-gradation of HiTech Engineering College Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) has been established. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC is integral part of the college academic system and work towards realization of the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance. The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the overall performance of the college. The guidelines provided in the following pages will guide and facilitate the college in the creation and operation of the Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC).
- IQAC shall evolve mechanisms and procedures for Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks.
- The relevance and quality of academic and research programs.
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programs for various sections of society,
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning, the credibility of evaluation procedures, Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and proper allocation of support structure and services, Sharing of research findings and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
- It has the potential to become a vehicle for ushering in quality enhancement by working out planned interventionist strategies to remove deficiencies and enhance quality like the “Quality Circles” in industries.
The IQAC aims at:
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the University.
- To promote measures for university institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
The IQAC Members
The composition of the IQAC is as follows:
- Chairperson: Head of the Institution
- Some senior administrative officers
- Some senior faculty members (from three to eight)
- One/two nominees from Employers /Industrialists/stakeholders
- One/two nominees from local society, Students and Alumni
- One senior professor as the coordinator/Director of the IQAC
IQAC Constitution Members
|Dr. Pankaj Kr. Mishra
|Mrs. Renu Goel
|Mr. Rajesh Singh
|Representative- Local Society
|Mr. Vivek Chopra
|IQAC Coordinator, HOD-EE
|Mr. R.C. Sharma
|Dr. Upasna Joshi
|Principal , B.Ed
|Dr. Hoshiyar Singh
|Dr. Pragya Aggrawal
|Mrs. Tanu Gupta
|Mr. Deepak Bhaskar
|Dr. Shalin Kumar
|Professor- Applied Science
|Mr. Bhaskar Sharma
|Mr. Amit Sharma
|Dean Student Welfare
|Mr. Mukulit Goel
|Mohd. Noor Mustafa
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the College;
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process;
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes;
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education;
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles;
- Documentation of the various programs/activities leading to quality improvement;
- Acting as a nodal agency of the College for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices;
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining
/enhancing the institutional quality;
- Development of Quality Culture in the College.
- IQAC audit shall be conducted within one month of the end of the semester.
The Roles and responsibilities of Coordinator-IQAC
The role of the coordinator of the IQAC is in ensuring the effective functioning of all the members. The coordinator of the IQAC may be a senior person with expertise in quality aspects. She/he may be a full-time functionary or, to start with, she/he may be a senior academic /administrator entrusted with the IQAC as an additional responsibility. Secretarial assistance may be facilitated by the administration. It is preferable that the coordinator may have sound knowledge about the computer, its various functions and usage for effective communication.
Roles and Responsibilities of the IQAC Team
- To hold IQAC Academic Audit once in a Semester ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic and administrative tasks as per the Academic calendar.
- To take actions on the recommendations of the DIQACs.
- To ensure planning and execution of Curriculum and activities (co-curricular and extracurricular) every semester.
- To conduct Laboratory Audits
- To conduct academic audits
- To monitor Students’ performance through DIQAC
- To plan and monitor co-curricular and extra-curricular activities
- To ensure Attendance Monitoring
- To plan & implement examination (Internal & External) reforms
- To review University Results & ensure improvements in Results
- To ensure Student Counselling
- To ensure the Implementation of OBE & fill in the existing Gaps, if any
- To ensure implementation of Modern
- Teaching-learning pedagogy.
- To ensure the quality in Admission & Placement
- To ensure Quality of Publication
- To ensure Quality of Placement
- To ensure Faculty Ph.D. Record (No. of Ph.D. / Enrolled in Ph.D.)
- To ensure timely redressal of Grievances and student, and to maintain the record.
- To ensure the quality of Course file.
- To verify/assess Course File
- Accreditation & Ranking
- Academic & Administrative Audit (AAA)
- Question Paper Audit
- Result Moderation